Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Week 9 - Project 2 Presentation


Here are my slides for the Project 2 Presentation. The first few are pretty self explanatory (written on the slides and info from earlier in the blog), as for the floor plans - they're just more of a way to look at how the space could potentially be used and what kind of spaces I might like to provide in the final design. Also, they look pretty plain and I'm not happy with how they came out, but it was still a good way to get a feel for what the space could be like. The section is (of course) based of said floor plans, but I think this drawing shows the internal perspective quite well as for what it might be like looking out through the canopy. After discussing the project with my tutor, Yvonne, I think I'm going to take a few steps back and keep the initial idea of raising the core of the building and providing a casual open space below (also, with the amount of space I used in these floor plans - even though it is within the briefs range - I feel there was to much empty/random space without a purpose).

I think the top section of the canopy on the first perspective sketch looks a bit better than the second. The second sketch was based off the floor plan (mainly stone finish and glass - very angular and kinda box-ish) but it better shows how the walkway can interact with the building and I think the lower half of the canopy looks best in this sketch. Of course both sketches show the bottom of the building as closed off, but I'm thinking the final design will have the bottom open (maybe for the exception of a coffee shop, as this was gonna provide a kinda pit-stop coffee service which would be pretty inconvenient if it was up a level).

No comments:

Post a Comment